All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe talks gathered in Asclepias: The Milkweeds are all concerned with discrepancy and extinction. Polylingual and transdisciplinary, each essay addresses translation as a form of disagreement and photography as its mis-fitting corollary. Calling up an indiscriminate range of thinkers and artists - philosophers, composers, photographers, filmmakers, poets - including Ludwig Wittgenstein, Jacques Derrida, Dmitri Shostakovich, Galina Ustvolskaya, Sergio Larrain, Gunther Anders, Alejandra Pizarnik, Antonin Artaud, and Friedrich HAelderlin, among many others, the resultant montage repeatedly abandons the reader to an empty, incriminating, theatre.
- Author BiographyNATHANAELis the author of a score of books written in English or in French, including Sisyphus, Outdone., Theatres of the Catastrophal, and Absence Where As (Claude Cahun and the Unopened Book). Nathanael has translated books by Edouard Glissant, Danielle Collobert, Catherine Mavrikakis, Hilda Hilst (in collaboration with Rachel Gontijo Araujo) and Herve Guibert into English. Nathanael lives in Chicago.
- Author(s)Keshii Pelao Nathanael
- PublisherNightboat Books
- Date of Publication19/06/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNightboat Books
- Weight136 g
- Width114 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.