All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecent archaeological discoveries have suggested that there was a Canaanite goddess who was t only worshipped by the people of ancient Israel during the time of the monarchy (1000-587 B.C.E.), but who was so much associated with Yahweh as to be construed as Yahweh's consort. This book investigates the goddess, Asherah. Exploring her ancient Canaanite backgrounds sets the stage for an exhaustive study of the biblical references to Asherah. This study examines each of the forty references in detail. An archaeological section lends corroborating evidence. This book defends the proposition that Asherah was indeed worshipped by the people of Israel, offering the biblical texts as the primary evidence.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Dr. Richard J. Pettey has been active in biblical scholarship for the past ten years. He received his Ph.D. from Marquette University in Milwaukee in 1985. He is currently teaching biblical studies at Mount Mary College in Milwaukee. He did special archaeological studies in Israel in 1987 at Tel Miqne Ekron
- Author(s)Richard J. Pettey
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/1990
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number74
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Notetab.
- Weight500 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.