Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $21.38
About this product
- DescriptionMundo is a rebel - the embittered offshoot of a rich family, whose artistic vocation clashes with his father's dynastic plans. Ashes of the Amazon charts his determined flight from the fraught centre of his family's wealth - the Vila Amazonia plantation - through Rio de Janeiro, and then to the effervescent worlds of 1970s Berlin and London. In Ashes of the Amazon, Hatoum takes to heart Flaubert's injunction to write 'the moral history of his generation', with extraordinary results. This is a beautiful, mature and involving vel from one of the most important South American writers of his time.
- Author BiographyMilton Hatoum was born in Manaus, Amazonas, and studied architecture in Sao Paulo and comparative literature in Paris. He is Professor of Literature at the Federal University of Amazonas and a visiting Professor of Latin American Literature at the University of California. He lives in Sao Paulo. John Gledson is Professor Emeritus of Brazilian Studies at the University of Liverpool. He is author of books on Machado de Assis and the twentieth-century poet Carlos Drummond de Andrade. He has translated several works by Brazilian authors, including The Brothers by Milton Hatoum.
- Author(s)Milton Hatoum
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/10/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight204 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.