All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Ashes to Ashes Well that's the situation. Wendle Foulkes' keen old eyes narrowed as they gazed into the turbulent ones of his client across the wide desk. This last batch of securities is absolutely all that you have left of your inheritence from your father. Leave them alone where they are and you are sure of three thousand a year for yourself and for Leila after you. Norman Storm struck the desk impatiently, and his lean, aristocratic face darkened. Three thousand a year! It wouldn't cover the running expenses of the car and our country club bills alone! he exclaimed. I tell you, Foulkes, this investment is a sure thing; it will pay over thirty per cent in dividends in less than four years. I have straight inside information on it - So you had on all the other impulsive, ill-judged ventures that have wiped out your capital, Norman. The attorney sighed wearily. I don't want to rub it in, but do you realize that you have squandered nearly four hundred thousand dollars in the past ten years on wildcat schemes and speculations? You've come to the end w; think it over. Your salary with the Mammoth Trust Company is fifteen thousand a year - on eighteen you and your wife ought to be living fairly comfortably. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Isabel Ostrander
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.