All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
About this product
- DescriptionThe discovery, in the 1930s and 1940s, of antibiotics revolutionized the practice of medicine. Beginning with the streptomycins and the penicillins, hundreds of antibiotics have been developed and have come into routine use for the management of infectious diseases, opportunistic infections and infections resulting from trauma. This cornucopia of anti-infective agents has created a number of problems, t the least of which is the organization of information concerning them. This Handbook contains records for all the major drugs currently used in the treatment of infection. Mographs are provided for 1600 anti-infective agents. For each main entry, the following information is provided: the chemical name and a list of proprietary names and synyms; the Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number; the European Inventory of Existing Commercial Chemical Substances (EINECS) number; and the Merck Index (12th edition) number. The physical properties of each compound are described and the kwn biological activity and indicated applications are presented. The structure of each compound is provided, together with a summary of the acute toxicity data associated with it, and the manufacturers and suppliers of the drug are also given. Indexes, including a master index of names and synyms, are appended.
- Author BiographyG.W.A. Milne was a Senior Researcher at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD, USA for 35 years where he worked on the use of spectroscopy for structure determination of organic compounds, and on molecular modeling in the design of drugs for the treatment of cancer and AIDS. He has been active for many years in the fields of chemical information and chemical computation and is the Editor of the American Chemical Society's Journal of Chemical Information and Computer Science; Gardner's Chemical Synonyms and Trade Names, Eleventh Edition (Ashgate); and Drugs: Synonyms and Properties (Ashgate).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/10/2000
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGower Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight831 g
- Width162 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byG. W. A. Milne
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.