Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $96.38Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the definitive book on kts. Here are approximately 3900 different kinds, from simple hitches to Marlingspike Seamanship. Mr. Ashley has included almost everything there is to kw about them. Precisely named and classified (some new ones for the first time officially), they can be easily found in the big index. He tells when they appeared, something about their history, and what they are good for. Above all, Mr. Ashley gives explicit directions on how to tie them. He describes each step simply and clearly in the text and has penned right alongside some 7000 drawings to make it still more graphic. This book and a piece of cord will open a new and challenging world of practical adventure to readers of all ages. There are many distinctive features to this informal encyclopedia. Outstanding are the delightful sketches and illustrations by the author that enliven every page. Mr. Ashley, a prominent marine artist, is at his best here. Sailors have been the greatest experimenters with rope, but since they have mopoly on the art, the author describes kts used in over ninety other occupations. These range alphabetically from Archer to Yachtsman, and aesthetically from Florist to Hangman. The forty-one chapters include kts classed under such general types as Hooks, Beckets, and Toggles, The Noose, and Tricks and Puzzles. Mr. Ashley has devoted eleven years to writing this book, and it is based on forty years of looking for, trying out, and thinking up new kts. His drawings abound in humo and the text is full of colorful anecdotes. THE ASHLEY BOOK OF KNOTS will make a unique and permanent addition to any library.
- Author(s)Clifford Warren Ashley
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication06/10/1998
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1769 g
- Width222 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine42 mm
Most relevant reviews
- shchostandr06 Nov, 2014by
Excellent book on the knots. Classic.
Good edition, a lot of great illustrations. Schemes knit knots. Interesting historical retreat. Long wanted to buy this book.
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.37New
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $20.04New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.68New
- AU $32.15New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $79.16Trending at AU $90.81
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $39.94Trending at AU $43.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $23.64
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.56
- AU $77.20Trending at AU $94.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.