All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDermatologist teams up with daughter to expose dangers of sun damage Dr. Glynis Ablon and her daughter Ashley share important lessons with young readers and their parents about the dangers of overexposure to the sun in Ashley's Ultraviolet Adventures MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. - As a dermatologist, Dr. Ablon comes in contact with individuals affected by the sun's harmful rays every day. She believes that the general public is unaware of how dangerous sun exposure can be, and has written Ashley's Ultraviolet Adventures (ISBN 1463703090) with her 8-year-old daughter to inform young readers and their parents on how to protect themselves. Dr. Ablon's daughter, Ashley, shares fond memories of her grandparents with readers. She describes the time her grandpa face planted in the cold sw and her grandma's food on her face, which always made her laugh. But once her grandfather was diagsed with melama, her grandparents provided her t only with funny stories, but important life lessons as well. Dr. Ablon's daughter goes on to explain why sunscreen and protection from the sun is so important for individuals of all ages. She balances the humorous stories of her grandparents with the serious diagsis throughout the story. Ablon wants readers to remember that they can prevent sun damage with proper measures, and lower their risk for skin cancer in the future. With one in five individuals diagsed with skin cancer in their lifetime, it is the most common cancer of all, Dr. Ablon said. As parents, we want to protect our children, but it can be difficult to explain that a suntan is actually damaged skin cells. As a dermatologist and mother of two children with a family history of n-melama and melama skin cancer, Dr. Ablon strongly believes in educating the public on the dangers of sun exposure and how to protect one's skin and health. She hopes that Ashley's Ultraviolet Adventures speaks to readers of all ages and reminds them of the importance of sunscreen and protecting their skin from the sun's rays.
- Author BiographyDermatologist Dr. Glynis Ablon is a sunny California native who has made it her mission to educate the public about sun safety. She serves as an assistant clinical professor at University of California at Los Angeles and fellow for the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery and American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. She is the first published author on mesotherapy in the United States, and has been a consultant for E! Entertainment, ABC, KCAL and Lifetime as well as a frequent guest speaker on 'The Doctors.' In addition to public speaking and consulting for companies like Neutrogena, Medicis and Allegran, Dr. Ablon founded the Ablon Skin Institute and Research Center. Her research center staff has over 16 years of experience, and maintains an excellent reputation in regards to their data, immediate turn-around times and clinical trials. Ashley Ablon Simpson is a fourth grader now at Pacific Elementary who loves writing, horsebackriding, and dancing. She also enjoys spending time with her friends, her brother, her cousins and her dog Mitzi!
- Author(s)Glynis Ablon
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $30.64Trending at AU $32.17
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.35
- AU $42.83Trending at AU $43.98
- AU $19.71Trending at AU $23.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.