All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Jeremy Lin began to kck down shots for the New York Knicks early in 2012, many Americans became aware for the first time that Asian Americans actually play basketball. Indeed, long before Lin startled the NBA world, Asian Americans have t only played basketball, but have played it with passion and skill. This book provides a comprehensive history of Asian American basketball. It traces how Asian Americans have used basketball to provide them a sense of community. It examines how through basketball Asian Americans have traversed racial and ethnic barriers. It demonstrates that perhaps a surprising number of Asian American have excelled at high school, college, and professional hoops. It reminds readers that it has t always been easy. Asian American basketball was and continues to be played in the shadows cast by an anti-Asian bigotry much too prevalent in historical and contemporary America.
- Author BiographyJoel S. Franks is a lecturer of Asian American studies and American studies at San Jose State University, USA, and has written several books about Asian American and sports history. He lives in Cupertino, California, USA.
- Author(s)Joel S. Franks
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note20 photographs
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.