All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis groundbreaking volume presents the collective work of twelve Christian ethicists of Asian descent in the U.S. who map the new and burgeoning field of study located at the juncture of Christian ethics and Asian American studies. Led by Grace Kao and Ilsup Ahn, these scholars identify the purposes and chart the contours of what constitutes a distinctly Asian American Christian ethical approach to moral concerns. Asian American Christian Ethics rethinks perennial issues in Christian ethics (war and peace, family/marriage/parenting, gender and sexuality, ecomics and wealth, virtue ethics), pressing social matters (race relations, immigration, healthcare, the environment), and issues of special interest to Asian Americans (education, labor, plastic surgery). Each chapter utilizes classical Christian sources read from the particular vantage point of Asian American Christian theology, ethics, and culture. Beginning with a description of the range of Christian responses to the issue, each author describes and enacts a constructive proposal for an Asian American Christian ethical response. An ideal volume for researchers, teachers, and students alike, Asian American Christian Ethics articulates the foundations, questions, and goals of this vibrant and flourishing field of study.
- Author BiographyGrace Y. Kao is Associate Professor of Ethics at Claremont School of Theology; Co-Director of the Center for Sexuality, Gender, and Religion at Claremont School of Theology; and Affiliated Faculty at Claremont Graduate University.Ilsup Ahn is Carl I. Lindberg Professor of Philosophy at North Park University and Carnegie Council Global Ethics Fellow.
- PublisherBaylor University Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWaco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaylor University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight514 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byGrace Y. Kao,Ilsup Ahn
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.