All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor thousands of years, parents around the world have been telling their children stories; at bedtime, over the dinner table and around the fire. Each country has its own set of fascinating tales, which are especially enjoyable for children to discover. Asian Children's Favorite Stories is a marvelous collection of 13 beautifully told folktales from eight major countries in Asia - China, Japan, Korea, India, the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Author BiographyDavid Conger studied electrical engineering and Japanese at Brigham Young University. He became interested in Asian history and folklore while living in Japan for two years. Marian Davies Toth's work has achieved national recognition in the United States. While living in Thailand, she taught creative writing at the International School in Bangkok. Kay Lyons has lived in Malaysia for over thirty years. She is the author of Malaysian Children's Favourite Stories.Joan Suyenaga, grew up with Japanese Children's Favorite Stories, the first title in this popular series. She has been writing, translating and editing for the past twenty years in Indonesia. Liana Romulo lives mostly in the Philippines but has also lived in Thailand, Belgium, and the United States. Her first picture book, Filipino Children's Favorite Stories, was a national best-seller in the Philippines.
- Author(s)Marian Davies Toth
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication20/12/2006
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width227 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.