All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Asian Flavors Diabetes Cookbook is the first book that takes the naturally healthy recipes and meals of Asian cuisine and crafts them specifically for people with diabetes. Authored by Corinne Trang, who was dubbed by The Washington Post the Julia Child of Asian cuisine, this unique collection of recipes will be attractive to anyone with diabetes looking for a fresh approach to diabetes-friendly cooking. With more than 125 recipes, this compilation of simple comfort foods from all over Asia will include classics such as wontons and fresh spring rolls, and more contemporary recipes like garden tomatoes and mixed greens salad tossed in an Asian-inspired dressing blending soy sauce, sesame oil, and wasabi. The recipes are nutritionally sound, with plenty of fresh vegetables and complex flavors using readily available ingredients, and they rely on healthy cooking techniques such as steaming, stir-frying, braising, and grilling. The book will open with shopping and stocking techniques, including tips on building a basic pantry of Asian ingredients. Then readers will find recipes covering everything from soups and stews to meat and poultry. Each recipe will be broken down with easy step-by-step instructions, as well as menu ideas for serving one, two, four, or more. An added benefit will be a chapter titled On The Go, Bento! which shows how leftovers and ready-made sides can be quickly assembled into an on-the-go lunch. Filled with a wide variety of vegetables, whole grains, and protein-based dishes, readers will discover countless new flavors to enjoy with their family. With meails inspired by Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Southeast Asian food cultures, the Asian Flavors Diabetes Cookbook will become a go-to book for Asian-inspired diabetes-friendly meals.
- Author BiographyDubbed the Julia Child of Asian Cuisine by The Washington Post, Corinne Trang is an award-winning author who has written for such distinguished publications as Food & Wine, Health, Cooking Light, and Saveur, where she held the positions of test kitchen director and producing editor from 1996 to 1998. Recognized as a leading authority on Asian food culture and history, her first cookbook, Authentic Vietnamese Cooking: Food from a Family Table won Best Asian Cuisine Book in the World and Best Book on Asian Cuisine in English at France's Salon International du Livre Gourmand (The 2000 World Cookbook Fair). It was also awarded Best of the Best of 1999 by Food & Wine magazine. Since then she's published a half dozen highly regarded books on Asian food, culture, and cooking. Born in France's Loire Valley of a French mother and a Cambodian-Chinese father, Trang was raised in Phnom Penh, Paris, and New York. She has traveled extensively and studied culture and cuisine throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia. Bolstered by her multi-ethnic background, her deepest commitment is to exploring the relationship between culture and food, a passion she shares with her private clients as the founder of Qi-Now, a food coaching practice incorporating Asian food philosophies, healthy eating habits, body enhancement based on yoga, and meditation. Trang is a frequent radio and television guest and has appeared on numerous shows including NBC's Today Show, Bloomberg's Executive Dining, Lifetime's New Attitudes, Discovery Channel's Home Matters, CBS's Martha Stewart Living, CBS's The Early Morning Show: Chef on a Shoestring, Food Network's Cooking Live and Sara's Secrets with Sara Moulton, PBS's Simply Ming with Ming Tsai, and Business Talk Radio's America's Dining & Travel Guide as Chief East Coast Correspondent. Trang received her B.S. of Culinary Arts and Business Minor from Drexel University in Philadelphia, where she was adjunct associate professor in the Hospitality Management Department. She currently teaches food writing at New York University and culinary workshops at Syracuse University.
- Author(s)Corinne Trang
- PublisherAmerican Diabetes Association
- Date of Publication14/06/2012
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationVirginia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Diabetes Association
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight499 g
- Width203 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $34.01Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.