All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen European powers annexed parts of Asia, banking systems were an important part of that process. The essays in this edited collection are based on original research using primary sources in English, French, Russian, Chinese and Japanese. The book as a whole provides new insights into banking in imperial Asia and a platform for further research.
- Author BiographyHubert Bonin is Professor of Modern Economic History at Sciences Po Bordeaux and a member of the GRETHA research centre at Bordeaux University, where he specializes in the history of services companies, French banking history and business history. Recent publications include European Business and Brand Building (co-ed) (2012) and European Business: Corporate and Social Values (co-ed) (2011). Nuno Valerio is Professor at the School of Economics and Management, University of Lisbon. He specializes in economic, financial and banking history, either on the Portugese level, or on a comparative European and Mediterranean scale. Recent publications include Foreign Financial Institutions and National Financial Systems (2013) (co-editor) and the co-authored The Concise Economic History of Portugal - A Comprehensive Guide (2011). Kazuhiko Yago is Professor of Economic History at Waseda University, where he is interested in French banking history, Franco-Russian financial relations and the history of international financial institutions. His publications include The Financial History of the Bank for International Settlements (2012) and Popular Savings and Public Finances in France (1816-1944) (1999) for which he was awarded the Shibusawa-Claudel Prize (2000).
- Author(s)Hubert Bonin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleBanking, Money and International Finance
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPickering & Chatto (Publishers) Ltd
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations
- Weight524 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byKazuhiko Yago,Nuno Valerio
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.