Asian Juggernaut: The Rise of China, India, and Japan by Brahma Chellaney (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA resurgent Asia is w emerging as the global pivot. With the world's fastest-growing markets, fastest-rising military expenditures and most serious hot spots, Asia holds the key to the future global order. Yet, with interstate competition sharpening, Asia faces complex security, energy and developmental challenges in an era of globalisation, including how to move beyond historical legacies and tap its dynamism for greater prosperity and well-being. The colossal shift in global geopolitics presents new opportunities to Asia and tests its ability to assume a bigger role in international relations. In Asian Juggernaut , Brahma Chellaney examines the ascent of Asia by focusing on its three main powers: China, India and Japan. Constituting a strategic triangle, these powers are Asia's largest ecomies. Their interests are so intertwined that the pursuit of unilateral solutions by any one of them will disturb the peaceful environment on which their continued ecomic growth and security depend. A strong China, a strong Japan, and a strong India need to find ways to reconcile their interests in Asia so that they can peacefully coexist and prosper. The book sets out how all states in Asia could benefit from cooperative approaches in which these three strengthening nations take the lead.
- Author BiographyBrahma Chellaney is one of India's leading strategic thinkers and analysts and a well-known television commentator on international affairs. He has written for the International Herald Tribune, the Wall Street Journal, and the New York Times, among others. Presently, he is professor of strategic studies at the Centre for Policy Research, an independent think tank in New Delhi, and a member of the Policy Advisory Group headed by the foreign minister of India.
- Author(s)Brahma Chellaney
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2010
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight274 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.