All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGreen tea. Sesame seeds. Beans. Rice. In the Western world, these flavors aren't usually associated with desserts. Oh, how we're missing out! Once you taste the unusual sweet flavor combinations Asia has to offer, you'll be hooked for life. Even as Asian dishes continue to gain in popularity in the Western world, Asian desserts often receive much less attention. Despite the availability of Asian food in fast food, frozen, and convenience forms, most Westerners are unfamiliar with the sweet specialties developed in the Eastern world alongside their favorite Asian dishes. Now you can indulge in these exotic and underused culinary confections without even having to go out to a restaurant. With the recipes in this book, you will easily be able to create authentic Asian desserts right in your own kitchen. Asian Recipe Dessert Delights: The Best Recipes from Asia by Charles Ho offers over 50 delicious dessert recipes from China, Japan, Korea, India, Sri Lanka, Iraq, The Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam. You'll learn how to cook all kinds of unique desserts such as jellies, sticky rice cakes, dessert soups, sweet dumplings, and more. Here's just a sample of some of the desserts found in this book: Anmitsu Baklawa Banh Chuoi Nuong Banh flan Bibikkan Biko Buko pandan Cendol Dasik Gyeong dan Kluay kaek with ice cream Mochi ice cream Modak Moon cake Pani Walalu Peking dust Pistachio halva Rainbow rice cake Red bean soup Tteok with daechu and black beans If you're looking to give your Asian cooking an additional spark of authenticity, look further! Asian desserts are usually served alongside a savory meal instead of afterward, as in Western culture. Your meals will gain authenticity by including a sweet dessert alongside the main dish. In addition, most of these Asian desserts are deliciously low-fat, making them safe to eat even for someone watching their weight. That's right: w you can satisfy your sweet tooth and try out new flavors guilt-free, even on a diet. This book features clear, easy-to-follow instructions and color photographs accompanying each recipe. Each chapter provides a brief overview of the desserts of that country, and there is a conversion table at the end for your convenience. Many of the recipes also carry additional chef's tips, little tidbits of information for variations, serving suggestions, or additional things you can do with the ingredients. For anyone interested in Asian cooking, Asian Recipe Dessert Delights is sure to become an invaluable addition to your kitchen library.
- Author BiographyCharles Ho was born 1961 in a family, where classical Chinese cuisine was passed from one generation to another. His culinary skills were nurtured by his father, a renowned master chef in Chinese cuisine. To further refine his skills, Charles attended the Malaysian Chinese Cuisine chef training course, as well as the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu culinary workshops. Besides, he also graduated with a diploma in hotel management from the American Hotel & Motel Association (formerly known as AHMA, now AHLA). Academically, Charles holds a Bachelor Degree (B.A. Hons) in International Business Administration from the University of Northumbria U.K and also possesses a Diploma in Management from the University of Malaya. Throughout his career, Charles has been featured numerous times in food and cooking magazines as the master chef in Chinese cuisine and also acknowledged as Asia Food Guru. As an authoritative & professional chef, and also an expert on Asian Cuisine, Charles has successfully demonstrated his special techniques and recipes which delighted his audience, including the community of the Western World. By extensively travelling and accumulating the most authentic recipes of all Asian countries, that were prized as family secret recipes, Charles Ho wrote numerous articles and reports on Asian cuisine. He also contributed with his recipes and features on regional cooking ''Home Cooking'' magazine, local publications, newspapers and is currently working on two other cookbooks. Charles Ho has retired, and now, with more hours to spare, indulges in his favorite pastime - writing (holding a pen rather than a pan).
- Author(s)Charles Ho
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.