All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis illuminating volume provides a detailed analysis of the oft-hidden yet major uprisings that have patterned Korea's politics and society. An emphasis is placed upon social movements and grass-roots counter-elite dynamics rather than leaders, ting how the intelligence of ordinary people surpasses that of the leaders holding the reins of power. From the 1894 Tonghak Uprising to the 1980 Gwanju Uprising, Korean experiences act here as a baseboard for a greater exploration of global social movement in the 21st century.
- Author BiographyGeorge Katsiaficas is a longtime activist for peace and justice--who was twice granted Fulbright fellowships--and the author of The Imagination of the New Left and The Subversion of Politics. He lives in Boston.
- Author(s)George Katsiaficas
- PublisherPM Press
- Date of Publication29/03/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPM Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.