Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionDespite its ecomic usefulness, biodiversity of Asian hive bee Apis cerana is suffering precipitous decline and is threatened with extinction in its entire native habitat. Although a number of publications have appeared on honeybees in the market attempt has been made to approach the subject in systematically and in a comprehensive manner in case of Apis cerana. There is still t eugh kwledge on different facets of biological conservation, agricultural production and role in improving food security and livelihoods. An attempt has been made in this book to fill the gap by providing detailed information on different aspects of Apis cerana leading to sustainability and environmental protection. This book discusses information on varied aspects of Apis cerana biology, biogeography, reproduction, genetics, molecular phylogeny, interaction with other species, floral resources, dance language, safety from pesticides, management problems, loss of genetic diversity, behavioural defence, role in food production, livelihood security and conservation strategies for protecting biodiversity and enhancing crop productivity. The compilation of this book is unique in the sense that in the context of pollinator decline over the world, conservation of this species will be a step for sustaining food security.
- Author(s)D. P. Abrol
- Date of Publication22/08/2013
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Out-of-print date29/01/2015
- Content Note47 black & white illustrations, 31 colour illustrations, 64 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1920 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine61 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.