All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn ASK BELIEVE RECEIVE, MAGGIE KAY is nestled between two great empires, poverty and education. Both have significant influence, and they re-kindle age-old strife within the ghettos in Eldoret, Kenya. As with most wars, women and girls are the most afflicted, largely due to the society's chauvinistic views. However, with each passing era, a young girl is recruited into the ranks of education and emerges from the yoke of poverty with a purpose to inspire the young minds stuck in the projects-t only in Africa, but around the globe. She hopes to serve as a mirror for the children who dream, but above all for the children who have the FAITH and DETERMINATION to rise from the depths of oblivion to become the next generation's living epitomes of success through education.
- Author BiographyMAGGIE KAY Despite being a neophyte to the workings of the education system, she boldly claims that education is one of the most important innovations of the human mind. Unfortunately, not everyone has access to quality education, especially women and girls in developing countries. So when the time came to pursue knowledge, her parents went against society's norms and indoctrinated her into education. As eras passed, she climbed through the ranks to reach acclaimed higher learning institutions in the United States. While at school, she pursued various disciplines and graduated with great distinction; moreover, on a daily basis, she is still immersed in her lifelong voyage-the pursuit of knowledge. In addition to her exploits in education, she is also an ambassador to Africa for the Let Girls Learn initiative, thanks to the work she does through her foundation, Maggie Kay (www.maggiekay.info). Notably, it brings change in Africa by taking a holistic approach to change the perception of the value of education, both at the individual level and to the community as a whole. The foundation has taken steps to cultivate an environment that empowers adolescent girls through education, thus providing a spoor that equips girls with the necessary machinery to elevate their society. Recently, she has added to her repertoire a coming-of-age memoir, ASK BELIEVE RECEIVE.
- Author(s)Maggie Kay
- PublisherCapital Mentor Publishers
- Date of Publication22/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCapital Mentor Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.