Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionWe live in a skeptical age. People especially young people express doubts about Christian faith. In this thoughtful eight week study, Bishop Scott Jones, author of The Wesleyan Way , partners with his son, Rev. Arthur Jones, to address hard questions that all of us face when considering faith, religion, and the church. The DVD consists of 8 videos, one per session. Each video is 8-10 minutes in length and includes an introduction by Scott J. Jones as well as a diverse group of young clergy addressing the eight questions with honesty and biblical integrity. Session Titles Can only one religion be true? Why is there suffering and evil? How can I believe in science and creation? How can I believe in a God I can't prove? Can I trust the Old Testament? Are marriage, sex, and family life religious issues? Was Jesus' resurrection real? Why do Christians disagree about so many things? All video sessions are closed captioned.
- Author BiographyScott J. Jones is the Resident Bishop of the Great Plains area of The United Methodist Church. He was formerly the McCreless Associate Professor of Evangelism at Perkins School of Theology, where he taught courses in evangelism and Wesley studies. Previous books include The Wesleyan Way, The Evangelistic Love of God Neighbor, Staying at the Table, and Wesley and the Quadrilateral, all published by Abingdon Press. Arthur Jones is the founding pastor of The Well Plano, TheWellPlano.com, a congregation within St. Andrews UMC in Plano, Texas. A graduate of Duke Divinity School, he has led his congregation to an average attendance of 650 in less than two years.
- Author(s)Scott J. Jones
- PublisherAbingdon Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationNashville, Tennessee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbingdon Press
- Weight100 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.