All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou can measure practically anything in the age of social media, but if you don't kw what you're looking for, collecting mountains of data won't yield a grain of insight. This n-technical guide shows you how to extract significant business value from big data with Ask-Measure-Learn, a system that helps you ask the right questions, measure the right data, and then learn from the results. Authors Lutz Finger and Soumitra Dutta originally devised this system to help governments and NGOs sift through volumes of data. With this book, these two experts provide business managers and analysts with a high-level overview of the Ask-Measure-Learn system, and demonstrate specific ways to apply social media analytics to marketing, sales, public relations, and customer management, using examples and case studies.
- Author BiographyLutz is co-founder and former CEO of Fisheye Analytics , a media data mining company. As an expert for data analytics he has supported various industries, from Brands such as Telefonica or the Daily Mail Group to the governments and NGO 's such as the World Economic Forum and the Olympic Committee . Before building up Fisheye Analytics , Lutz led Dell's online merchandizing business in Europe. Lutz is an Intra/Entrepreneur by heart. He has successfully built up several businesses such as a new sales center for Dell in Germany, an incubator for mobile applications for Ericsson and a start up selling online individualized Cards. Lutz has a Masters in Quantum Physics and an MBA from INSEAD . Currently he is writing a book on how to use data analytics within a business together with Soumitra Dutta. Soumitra Dutta is the Roland Berger Chaired Professor of Business and Technology at INSEAD and the founding director of INSEAD eLab, a center of excellence in the digital economy. From 1 July 2012, he will join the Samuel Curtis Graduate School of Management at Cornell University as its 11th Dean. Professor Dutta obtained his Ph.D. in computer science and his M.Sc. in business administration from the University of California at Berkeley. His current research is on technology strategy and innovation at both corporate and national policy levels. Professor Dutta has authored and co-authored several books, including Throwing Sheep in the Boardroom: How Online Social Networking Will Transform Your Life, Work and World (Fraser & Dutta 2008) investigating the implications of social network services for the enterprise. He has won several awards for research and pedagogy and is actively involved in policy development at national and European levels. His research has been showcased in the international media and he has taught in and consulted with international corporations.
- Author(s)Lutz Finger,Soumitra Dutta
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication04/02/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.