All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEver wondered what space is really like? Thanks to his 25 years of training for, flying in, consulting on, and writing and speaking about space, astronaut and spacewalker Tom Jones can answer that question and many others. What do you feel on liftoff? What is weightlessness? Where do you sleep in space? Can you see the Great Wall of China? Jones answers every question you have ever had about space in Ask the Astronaut. His entertaining blend of wit, personal experience, and technical expertise shines in each answer, and together all the answers illuminate the true space experience from start to finish. His engaging and informative responses remind readers of historic space achievements, acquaint them with exciting new ambitions, make them feel like they have experienced space firsthand, and even inspire an urge to explore space themselves. Jones covers everything from the training process for new astronaut candidates and the physical sensations and challenges of rocketing into orbit to what it's like to live, work, and walk in space. Jones also explores the future of spaceflight, both professional and commercial, in the years to come. Ask the Astronaut is a delight for all readers, especially armchair astronauts and younger, 21st century space explorers.
- Author BiographyTom Jones is a planetary scientist, space consultant, professional speaker, and veteran astronaut who completed four space shuttle missions and three spacewalks. Jones has authored six books, including Sky Walking: An Astronaut's Memoir, and he writes for aerospace magazines such as Air & Space Smithsonian, Aerospace America, Popular Mechanics, and The Planetary Report. A senior research scientist for IHMC, he appears regularly on television news as an expert commentator for space exploration and science stories.
- Author(s)Sir Tom Jones
- PublisherSmithsonian Books
- Date of Publication15/04/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintSmithsonian Institution Scholarly Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.