All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAsk the Plant, based on the agromy of K. Chandler, offers farmers and growers a better way to grow plants that involves reading the unique language of plants, utilizing leaf and petiole testing, and in turn kwing how to produce a better crop using only the fertilizers and soil-building ingredients that are truly needed, when they are most needed. Instead of following the decades old conventional model where plants are given copious amounts of soluble nitrogen fertilizers aimed to force-feed the landscape green, Ask the Plant addresses how to build a healthy soil without excessive inputs. After more than seven decades of soils being mined t replenished, especially of organic matter and minerals - it is time to Ask the Plant and find out what our crops and soils are really telling us so we can produce a better crop using only what is truly needed.
- Author BiographyESPER K. CHANDLER (1926-2008) was a professional agronomist and soil scientist who traveled the country consulting with growers in a quest to improve yields, quality and profits. He was the owner of Texas Plant & Soil Lab for more than 27 years. K. Chandler was a founding member of the National Organic Standards Board and a Certified Professional Agronomist (CPAg) by the American Society of Agronomy. He has been proclaimed as a leader in the soil fertility and plant nutrition field. CHARLES WALTERS (1926-2009) was the founder of Acres U.S.A and has penned thousands of articles on organic and sustainable agriculture. He has also authored (or co-authored) dozens of books on this subject including Eco-Farm, Weeds: Control without Poisons, Hands-On Agronomy, Grass, the Forgiveness of Nature, Dung Beetles, Reproduction and Animal Health and more.
- Author(s)Charles Walters,K. Chandler Esper
- PublisherAcres U.S.A., Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcres U.S.A., Inc
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.