All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.44
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $48.99Trending at AU $55.35
- AU $31.18Trending at AU $37.14
- AU $14.77Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.78
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $37.39
About this product
- DescriptionAsking for It is the first nacademic, single-author book since the 1990s to examine sexual assault as a social phemen. Noted blogger and author Kate Harding s provocative, sharp, and yes, funny book tackles rape culture and also offers some suggestions for moving toward a culture that fully respects and supports victims while protecting the rights of the accused.Dominique Strauss-Kahn s arrest, Congressman Todd Akin s legitimate gaffe, the alleged rape crew of Steubenville, Ohio sexual violence has been so prominent in recent years that the feminist term rape culture has finally entered the mainstream. But what, exactly, is it? And how do we change it?In Asking for It, Kate Harding answers those questions in the same blunt, -nsense voice that has made her a powerhouse feminist blogger. Combining in-depth research with practical kwledge, Asking for It makes the case that twenty-first-century America where it s estimated that out of every one hundred rapes only five result in felony convictions supports rapists more effectively than victims. Harding offers ideas and suggestions for addressing how we as a culture can take rape much more seriously without compromising the rights of the accused.
- Author(s)Kate Harding
- PublisherBlackstone Audiobooks
- Date of Publication25/08/2015
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlackstone Audiobooks
- Contained items statement7 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time540
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.