All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis edited volume brings together fourteen original contributions to the on-going debate about what is possible in contact-induced language change. The authors present a number of new vistas on language contact which represent new developments in the field.In the first part of the volume, the focus is on methodology and theory. The second part of the volume is dedicated to more empirically oriented studies which look into language-contact constellations with a Romance dor language and a n-European recipient language. In this way, this volume provides the reader with new insights on all levels of language-contact related studies.
- Author BiographyThomas Stolz, Universitat Bremen, Germany; Dik Bakker, Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Rosa Salas Palomo, Micronesean Language Center, Guam.
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication20/05/2008
- Series TitleEmpirical Approaches to Language Typology [EALT]
- Series Part/Volume Number35
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight883 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byDik Bakker,Rosa Salas Palomo,Thomas Stolz
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.