All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book can be considered as a contribution to the formulation of a common framework for the theories of linguistic contrast and translation. Reflections on the contrast and contact of languages clearly approach each other when we adopt the point of view of the ordinary speaker-hearer involved in an interlinguistic and intercultural praxis. Translation is treated as a very significant manifestation of both natural contrast and contact between languages. To make this evident, a perspective on the translational facts is adopted in which the devlopmental aspects of this kind of activity and the personal (social and cognitive) involvement of translators in their task are presented in the light of recent contributions to this topic.
- Author BiographyThe author is Associate Professor of Linguistics at the University of Valencia (Spain).
- Author(s)Carlos Hernandez-Sacristan
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/12/1994
- Series TitleEuropean University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 149
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight230 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.