All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout the tales in the Confessio Amantis , John Gower proposes that reciprocal love is the remedy to what ails man and society. This book explores how Gower uses the aspects of love in the Confessio - the tions of kinde, or passionate love, and reason in the sphere of love.
- Author BiographyAn independent medieval scholar who holds a doctorate in English and American Literature from New York University, Ellen S. Bakalian also has one foot firmly planted in the world of journalism. Her articles have appeared in The New Yorker and Ladies Home Journal. She also writes for the A&E's literary website, creating teaching guides for their adaptations of literary classics.
- Author(s)Ellen S. Bakalian
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/01/2004
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in Medieval History and Culture
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.