Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionASPECTS OF THE NOVEL is a unique attempt to examine the vel afresh, rejecting the traditional methods of classification by chrology or subject-matter. Forster pares down the vel to its essential elements as he sees them: story, people, plot, fantasy, prophecy, pattern and rhythm. He illustrates each aspect with examples from their greatest exponents, t hesitating as he does so to pass controversial judgement on the works of, among others, Sir Walter Scott, Charles Dickens and Henry James. Full of Forster's rewned wit and perceptiveness, ASPECTS OF THE NOVEL offers a rare insight into the art of fiction from one of our greatest velists. 'His is a book to encourage dreaming.' Virginia Woolf
- Author BiographyEdward Morgan Forster was born in London in 1879, attended Tonbridge School and went on to King's College, Cambridge in 1897, where he retained a lifelong connection and was elected to an Honorary Fellowship in 1946. He died in June 1970.
- Author(s)E. M. Forster
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication21/01/1993
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Weight282 g
- Width144 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.