All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- Description'This is the book we need for guidance on employment for people with Asperger's syndrome. The contributors describe their employment experiences and offer sound advice. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the success stories and took te of the words of warning of what t to do.' - Professor Tony Attwood Employment is an important part of a healthy, balanced and fulfilling life but less than 20 per cent of people with Asperger Syndrome (AS) are in work at any one time. The adults with AS in this book explore the issues surrounding employment, providing advice and insights for others with AS, as well as their employers and colleagues. Drawing on personal experience and lessons learned, Asperger Syndrome and Employment looks at: * the transition from education to employment, * the importance of matching skills to career choices, * practical coping strategies for employees with AS in the workplace, * advice for employers, including the need to make 'reasonable adjustments' to avoid discrimination, * ways in which employment services ought to work for people with AS. This is essential reading for adults with AS, their family and friends, employment services and career advisers, and companies needing to kw how, in practical terms, to accommodate employees with AS.
- Author BiographyGenevieve Edmonds is an adult with Asperger Syndrome who is a consultant, trainer and writer in the field of autism. She is trained to postgraduate level in Autism. She consults and trains across the UK aiming to help society see Asperger Syndrome and Autism as differences not to be 'fixed' and changed but to be respected and supported. She has co-written three books on Asperger Syndrome: 'The Asperger Love Guide', 'The Asperger Social Guide' (Sage Publications), and 'A Self Determined Future with Asperger Syndrome' (Jessica Kingsley Publishers). Luke Beardon is Senior Lecturer in Autism at The Autism Centre, Sheffield Hallam University, UK.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication03/03/2008
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight281 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Volume editorGenevieve Edmonds,Luke Beardon
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.