All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionHow parents can help children with Asperger's Syndrome to grow and prosper If you are raising a child with Asperger's Syndrome, it can be a real challenge to find answers to your questions and make decisions while trying to keep pace with the latest developments in research and changes in the growth and behavior of your child. This book comes to the rescue by combining the latest medical information and interventions with clearcut strategies to help your child thrive at home and at school. Covers the biological, psychological, social, and spiritual development of children with Asperger's syndrome from 18 months through adolescence Presents the most up-to-date scientific data on Asperger's Syndrome, including the latest neuro-imaging research Offers practical strategies for shaping social interactions, coping with repetitive thoughts and behavior, addressing sensory needs or avoidance, encouraging interests without enabling obsessions, and other challenges Reviews the advantages and disadvantages of available medical treatments, complementary therapies, and early intervention strategies Written by a medical doctor and an educator who has a child with Asperger's From getting a diagsis, to finding the best schooling options, to helping your child with day-to-day issues and challenges, Asperger's Syndrome is an essential practical resource you will turn to again and again for reliable and current information.
- Author BiographyMELINDA DOCTER, ED.D., is the principal at Junior Blind of America's Special Education School, which provides services to children with multiple severe disabilities and autism. She was previously the principal at The Help Group's Village Glen School, which specializes in education and behavior intervention for children with autism and Asperger's syndrome. SYED NAQVI, M.D., F.A.P.A., is director of the Pediatric PsychopharmacologyClinic in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. He provides state-of-the-art psychopharmacological treatment to children with autism, Asperger's syndrome, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and other disorders.
- Author(s)Melinda Docter,Syed Naqvi
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/09/2010
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.