All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
About this product
- DescriptionIf you have Aspergers syndrome (AS) or your child or partner does, life can be challenging, difficult and emotionally draining. From coming to terms with a diagsis and receiving specialist counselling to pursuing careers and maintaining long term relationships, this essential guide takes a positive and practical approach to living with AS. Using tried and tested strategies from those who have lived with the condition, you will discover how to develop communication, how to deal with obsessive behaviour and how to get further help and support. Information for those living with a partner suffering from AS is provided. Chapters are also included for parents whose child has recently been diagsed with AS, together with advice for teachers and carers. This book wont pretend that living with AS is easy, but it will help you to understand and live positively with the condition.
- Author BiographyHilary Hawkes has been a writer since her teens. As well as non-fiction, she is the author of several childrens books. She has a BA (Hons) in Publishing and English and is also a qualified Early Years Practitioner. Hilary lives with and knows the problems that Aspergers can bring - her husband, one of her three children and other immediate family members are affected by the condition. She wrote this book to share the reality and also to encourage others to never give up hope and to live positively with this invisible disability. Hilary lives in Oxfordshire.
- Author(s)Hilary Hawkes
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight238 g
- Width195 mm
- Height205 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.