All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionIt is the Autumn of 1985 when Lizzy Summers, a newly qualified but mature social worker ventures full of aspiration, hope and promise into the illustrious world of the inner city. She soon encounters the strange and bizarre - her colleagues! Her clients range from the manic pensioner Ethel who behaves like the oldest teenager in town to the criminal Craig who at fifteen is solely responsible for the soaring crime wave sweeping the county. As she works in this highly charged emotional environment, expending blood sweat and tears, her experiences range from the hilarious to the gut-wrenching. Despite the trials and tribulations of a social workers lot, Lizzy somehow manages to maintain her sense of humour even in the face of political correctness! As her career hopes and dreams appear to be crumbling so does her marriage and Lizzy feels at times that she is losing her grip on life and work. In desperation Lizzy feels there is just one answer for her - get to grips with a new man who fortunately appears in the form of Bob, her too good to be true colleague. Will job, marriage or romance survive or will it all end in tears?
- Author BiographyKath Lee trained as a secretary and worked in industry and commerce before leaving work to have her two children. When the children were small, she returned to full time education. She graduated from Coventry University and then went on to Warwick University where she obtained a Masters and a social work qualification. Kath spent the next 30 years working in social work and related professions. She has two adult children, two grand-daughters and a manic dog. She recently retired and loves to travel and write. Retirement has provided time to concentrate on her writing. This is Kath's first novel.
- Author(s)Kath Lee
- Date of Publication12/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.