Aspiring Adults Adrift: Tentative Transitions of College Graduates by Roska Josipa, Richard Arum (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.46+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionFew books have ever made their presence felt on college campuses - and newspaper opinion pages - as quickly and thoroughly as Richard Arum and Josipa Roksa's 2011 landmark study of undergraduates' learning, socialization, and study habits, Academically Adrift: Limited Learning on College Campuses. From the moment it was published, one thing was clear: university could afford to igre its well-documented and disturbing findings about the failings of undergraduate education. Now Arum and Roksa are back, and their new book follows the same cohort of undergraduates through the rest of their college careers and out into the working world. Built on interviews and detailed surveys of almost a thousand recent college graduates from a diverse range of colleges and universities, Aspiring Adults Adrift reveals a generation facing a difficult transition to adulthood. Recent graduates report trouble finding decent jobs and developing stable romantic relationships, as well as assuming civic and financial responsibility - yet at the same time, they remain surprisingly hopeful and upbeat about their prospects. Analyzing these findings in light of students' performance on standardized tests of general collegiate skills, selectivity of institutions attended, and choice of major, Arum and Roksa t only map out the current state of a generation too often adrift, but enable us to examine the relationship between college experiences and tentative transitions to adulthood. Sure to be widely discussed, Aspiring Adults Adrift will compel us once again to re-examine the aims, approaches, and achievements of higher education.
- Author BiographyRichard Arum is professor in the Department of Sociology with a joint appointment in the Steinhardt School of Education at New York University and senior fellow at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Josipa Roksa is associate professor of sociology and education and Associate Director of the Center for Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education at the University of Virginia.
- Author(s)Richard Arum,Roska Josipa
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication19/09/2014
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note12 halftones, 19 line drawings, 18 tables
- Weight340 g
- Width90 mm
- Height60 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.