All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFlann O'Brien - also kwn as Brian O'Nolan or Myles na gCopaleen - is w widely recognised as one of the foremost of Ireland's modern authors. Assembling Flann O'Brien explores the author's invative and experimental work by reading him in relation to some of the 20th century's most important theorists, including Derrida, Agamben, Freud, Lacan and Zizek. Assembling Flann O'Brien offers a detailed study of O'Brien's five major vels - including At Swim-Two-Birds and The Third Policeman - as well as his plays, short stories, journalistic output and unpublished archival material. The book presents new theoretical perspectives on his works, exploring his compelling engagements with questions of the proper name, the archive, law, and desire, and the problems of identity, language, sexuality and censorship which acutely troubled Ireland's new state. Combining a wide range of contemporary theory with a sensitivity to the cultural and political context in which the author wrote, Maebh Long opens up entirely new aspects of Flann O'Brien's writings, and explores the ingenious and the problematic within his oeuvre.
- Author BiographyMaebh Long is Lecturer in Literature at the University of the South Pacific, the Fiji Islands.
- Author(s)Maebh Long
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight324 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.