All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAssembly Language for x86 Processors, 7e is intended for use in undergraduate courses in assembly language programming and introductory courses in computer systems and computer architecture. This title is also suitable for embedded systems programmers and engineers, communication specialists, game programmers, and graphics programmers. Proficiency in one other programming language, preferably Java, C, or C++, is recommended.' ' Written specifically for 32- and 64-bit Intel/Windows platform, this complete and fullyupdated study of assembly language teaches students to write and debug programs at the machine level. This text simplifies and demystifies concepts that students need to grasp before they can go on to more advanced computer architecture and operating systems courses. Students put theory into practice through writing software at the machine level, creating a memorable experience that gives them the confidence to work in any OS/machine-oriented environment. ' Teaching and Learning Experience This program presents a better teaching and learning experience-for you and your students. It will help: ' *Teach Effective Design Techniques: Top-down program design demonstration and explanation allows studentsto apply techniques to multiple programming courses.*Put Theory into Practice: Students will write software at the machine level, preparing them to work in any OS/machine-oriented environment.*Tailor the Text to Fit your Course: Instructors can cover optional chapter topics in varying order and depth.*Support Instructors and Students: Visit the author's web site http://asmirvine.com/ for chapter objectives, debugging tools, supplemental files, a Getting Started with MASM and Visual Studio 2012 tutorial, and more.
- Author BiographyKip Irvine has written five computer programming textbooks, for Intel Assembly Language, C++, Visual Basic (beginning and advanced), and COBOL. His book Assembly Language for Intel-Based Computers has been translated into six languages. His first college degrees (B.M., M.M., and doctorate) were in Music Composition, at University of Hawaii and University of Miami. He began programming computers for music synthesis around 1982 and taught programming at Miami-Dade Community College for 17 years. Kip earned an M.S. degree in Computer Science from the University of Miami, and he has been a full-time member of the faculty in the School of Computing and Information Sciences at Florida International University since 2000.
- Author(s)Kip R. Irvine
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication11/03/2014
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Out-of-print date23/06/2014
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight1000 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement7th edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.