About this product
- DescriptionThe classic text--w updated with a new interpretive approach to the WAIS?-III Assessing Adolescent and Adult Intelligence, the classic text from Alan Kaufman and Elizabeth Lichtenberger, has consistently provided the most comprehensive source of information on cognitive assessment of adults and adolescents. The newly updated Third Edition provides important enhancements and additions that highlight the latest research and interpretive methods for the WAIS?-III. Augmenting the traditional sequential and simultaneous WAIS?-III interpretive methods, the authors present a new approach derived from Cattell-Horn-Carroll (CHC) theory. This approach combines rmative assessment (performance relative to age peers) with ipsative assessment (performance relative to the person's own mean level). Following Flanagan and Kaufman's work to develop a similar CHC approach for the WISC?-IV, Kaufman and Lichtenberger have applied this system to the WAIS?-III profile of scores along with integrating recent WAIS?-III literature. Four appendices present the new method in depth. In addition to a detailed description, the authors provide a blank interpretive worksheet to help examiners make the calculations and decisions needed for applying the additional steps of the new system, and rms tables for the new WAIS?-III subtest combinations added in this approach. Assessing Adolescent and Adult Intelligence remains the premier resource for the field, covering t only the WAIS?-III but also the WJ III?, the KAIT, and several brief measures of intelligence, as well as laying out a relevant, up-to-date discussion of the discipline. The new, theory-based interpretive approach for the WAIS?-III makes this a vital resource for practicing psychologists, as well as a comprehensive text for graduate students.
- Author BiographyALAN S. KAUFMAN, PhD, is Clinical Professor of Psychology at Yale University School of Medicine and resides in San Diego, California. He is the author or coauthor of numerous, widely used psychological assessment instruments and books, and is a series editor (with Nadeen Kaufman) of the Essentials of Psychological Assessment series (Wiley). He and Elizabeth Lichtenberger have collaborated on a number of books, including Essentials of WAIS(r)-III Assessments. His most recent tests include the second editions of the Kaufman Assessment Battery for Children (KABC-II), Kaufman Test of Educational Achievement (KTEA-II), and Kaufman Brief Intelligence Test (KBIT-2). ELIZABETH O. LICHTENBERGER, PhD, is a clinical psychologist residing in Carlsbad, California. She has coauthored numerous books, including Essentials of Assessment Report Writing (with Nancy Mather, Nadeen Kaufman, and Alan Kaufman), Essentials of KABC-II Assessment (with Alan Kaufman, Elaine Fletcher-Janzen, and Nadeen Kaufman), and Essentials of WIAT-II(r) and KTEA-II Assessment (with Donna Smith), all from Wiley.
- Author(s)Alan S. Kaufman,Elizabeth O. Lichtenberger
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication12/08/2005
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1610 g
- Width199 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.42Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.