All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.99Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionPeople with developmental disabilities sometimes behave in ways that others, or they themselves, regard as problematic. This original book is about what practitioners can do to make sense of behaviors, in order to support clients more effectively. The author offers practical strategies for gathering and analysing information about behaviors, in partnership with the individual concerned, in order to gain a useful understanding of why a particular behavior occurs. The inclusion of case histories, with corresponding behavior plans, clearly demonstrates the real-life application of assessment methods. With its strong emphasis on the importance of establishing equitable, respectful relationships between professionals and people with learning disabilities, this is a book that professionals involved in the lives of people with developmental disabilities will find invaluable.
- Author BiographyJohn Clements is a clinical psychologist of over thirty years' standing, specializing in the field of developmental disabilities. He has previously worked for the NHS and university system in the UK and jointly established the UK's first independent psychology practice specializing in issues for people with developmental disabilities. He currently works as a behavior consultant in California, taking a particular interest in helping people with autism and their families. Neil Martin works at the Tizard Centre, University of Kent at Canterbury.
- Author(s)John Clements,Neil Martin
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/07/2002
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteresources, index
- Weight335 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.