All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis mograph presents a methodology to help tactical battle staffs estimate ground force combat power, and consists of three major products. First, pre-calculated combat potential scores (CPS) for different friendly and threat units are provided, so that staff officers can determine force ratios based upon the friendly task organization and the enemy order of battle. Second, the weapon values (WV) and category weights (CW) which were used to develop the CPS values are included. With these, staff officers can modify CPS values as desired and develop values for unique units. Finally, the study addresses ways to use the CPS values during planning (war gaming) and while monitoring tactical operations. The methodology is a variation of the Weapons Effectiveness Indices/Weighted Unit Value (WEI/WUV) approach. It is a relatively simple static measurement of combat power, yet has sufficient detail to permit differentiation among units at the tactical level. It avoids the complexity of other, more dynamic approaches discussed in the mograph; conversely, it is more detailed than the overly-broad method currently taught at the US Army Command and General Staff College. It does t give a comprehensive measurement of combat power, but merely intends to provide a quantitative starting point to estimate relative force ratios. The text provides an overview of the model and its applications, together with discussion of other models and the field in general. The two appendices are stand-alone sections with the requisite instructions and data for their usage; these are the only portions of the mograph necessary for its practical application.
- Author(s)Allen D Raymond
- Date of Publication28/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight168 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.