All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAssessing Impact is designed specifically for staff development leaders, program or project coordinators, curriculum directors, principals, or others who are responsible for their professional learning programs. The author assists school and district-level staff development program leaders and other stakeholders, to plan and conduct evaluations of staff programs. These are designed to improve student achievement, strengthen the power of individual program and to assess their impact.
- Author BiographyJoellen Killion is the deputy executive director of the National Staff Development Council. In her work with NSDC, Killion focuses on improving teaching quality and student learning. She has been director of NSDC's highly acclaimed NSDC Academy and its new Coaches Academy for school-based staff developers. She also has managed numerous other pieces of work, including the council's initiatives in results based staff development, evaluating staff development, and it's Results Skills for School Leaders project. Killion is coauthor with Cindy Harrison of Taking the Lead: New Roles for Teachers and School-Based Coaches (NSDC, 2006). She is the author of the first edition of Assessing Impact: Evaluating Staff Development (NSDC, 2002) and NSDC's three-volume results-based What Works staff development series. She was featured in the School Improvement Network/VideoJournal programs Instructional Coaching and Designing and Evaluating Professional Development. In 1997-2001, her examination of schools that received the U.S. Department of Education's Model Professional Development Awards resulted in the publication of Teachers Who Learn, Kids Who Achieve: A Look at Model Professional Development (WestEd, 2000). She is also the author of E-Learning for Educators: Implementing the Standards (NSDC & NICI, 2000) and numerous articles published in JSD. Killion is a former school district staff developer, curriculum coordinator, and teacher in the Adams 12 Five Star School District in suburban Denver. She was a member of NSDC's Board of Trustees and served a term as president. She lives in suburban Denver.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication05/02/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight730 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJoellen Killion
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.