All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a practical resource for community and two year college professionals engaged at all levels of learning outcomes assessment. It is designed as a guide both to inform the creation of new assessment efforts and to enhance and strengthen assessment programs already established, or in development.
Each chapter addresses a key component of the assessment process, beginning with the creation of a learning-centred culture and the development and articulation of shared outcomes goals and priorities. Subsequent chapters lead the reader through the development of a plan, the selection of assessment methods, and the analysis of results. The book concludes by discussing the communication of results and their use in decision making; integrating the conclusions in program review as well as to inform budgeting; and, finally, evaluating the process for continuous improvement, as well as engaging in reflection.
The book is illustrated by examples developed by faculty and student affairs/services professionals at community and two year colleges from across the country. Furthermore, to ensure its relevance and applicability for its targeted readership, each chapter has at least one author who is a community college or two-year college professional.
- Author BiographyMarilee J. Bresciani is Professor for Postsecondary Education and Co-Director of the Center for Educational Leadership, Innovation, and Policy, San Diego State University, USA. She was formerly Assistant Vice President for Institutional Assessment at Texas A&M University, USA. She has conducted outcomes assessment for programmes and courses and is frequently invited to present assessment workshops nationally and internationally.
Megan Moore Gardner is Associate Professor, Higher Education Administration, University of Akron, USA.
Kimberly Kline is Associate Professor, Student Personnel Administration, Buffalo State College, USA.
- PublisherStylus Publishing
- Date of Publication30/11/2013
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationSterling, VA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStylus Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byKimberly Kline,Marilee J. Bresciani,Megan Moore Gardner
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.23New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.