Assessing and Correcting Reading and Writing Difficulties: A Student-Centered Classroom by Thomas G. Gunning (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $291.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $274.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by thecoop_au
- Est. delivery by 14 Dec
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPre- and in-service teachers turn to this book for a comprehensive, well-grounded look at theory and research, balanced with a practical approach to reading assessment, diagsis, and remediation that includes 46 sample lessons covering virtually every major skill or strategy. The lessons are described in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step manner, and the emphasis is on strategies that teachers can use independently for developing skills in word recognition, vocabulary, comprehension, reading in the content areas, writing, spelling, and studying. This new Fifth Edition of Assessing and Correcting Reading and Writing Difficulties includes coverage of the critical areas of Response to Intervention and the impact of the Common Core State Standards.
- Author BiographyThomas G. Gunning, a former elementary school reading consultant, junior high English teacher, and secondary school reading specialist, is Professor Emeritus, Southern Connecticut State University, where he was department chair and reading clinic director. Gunning is currently an Adjunct Professor, Reading/ Language Arts Department, Central Connecticut State University. He has conducted research on group reading inventories, vocabulary assessment, reading disabilities, intervention programs, readability, response to intervention, decoding processes and strategies, and literacy skills needed to cope with high-stakes tests. Gunning's other books with Pearson include Creating Literacy Instruction for All Students, 8/e Creating Literacy Instruction for All Students In Grades Pre-k to 4, 2/e; Creating Literacy Instruction for All Students In Grades 4-8, 3/e; Building Literacy in Secondary Content Area Classrooms; Developing Higher-Level Literacy in All Students: Building Reading, Reasoning, and Responding; Closing the Literacy Gap; Phonological Awareness and Primary Phonics; and Building Words: A Resource Manual for Teaching word Analysis and Spelling Strategies.
- Author(s)Thomas G. Gunning
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1315 g
- Width209 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.