All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionWritten in consultation with a range of experts, clinicians and practitioners as well as adoptive children, families and birth relatives, this book gives helpful guidance on making evidence-based assessments and planning successful adoption support. Key features include: * a discussion of the main themes of adoption and pointers for practice in relation to the Assessment Framework * a guide to the use of evidence-based approaches to assessment, including the tools commissioned by the Department of Health and the Department for Education * a model for analysis and planning, and planning support and interventions * an investigation of the source, range and value of support services and interventions that can promote the wellbeing of adopted children, their adoptive families and birth relatives. Packed with practical advice, case examples and models of good practice, this book is invaluable for social workers and managers involved with the adoption process and the well-being of children and families. It is also essential reading for social work students learning about working with children and families.
- Author BiographyLiza Bingley Miller is the National Training Coordinator of the Child and Family Training Programme in Evidence-based approaches to Assessing Children and their Families. She also works at the University of York and is Chair of two Adoption Panels in North Yorkshire. Arnon Bentovim is a child and family psychiatrist who worked for many years as a consultant at Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital and the Tavistock Clinic. He currently directs the London Child and Family Consultation Sevice and is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Child Health, University College London.
- Author(s)Arnon Bentovim,Liza Bingley Miller
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2006
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.