Assessment Accommodations for Classroom Teachers of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students by Robin Morales Cabral, Kevin G. Murry, Socorro G. Herrera (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $128.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $134.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA much-needed resource for helping teachers assess the increasing number of diverse students and English learners in today's K-12 classrooms, Assessment Accommodations for Classroom Teachers of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students details effective classroom assessment practices and organizes recommended strategies around the four critical dimensions of the CLD student biography: the sociocultural, linguistic, academic, and cognitive dimensions. Written from the perspective of a differential lens on assessment practices for CLD students, the book focuses on the student as the driving force behind its narrative and organization and examines the Who, Where, What, When, and How of using appropriate assessment practices with CLD students.
- Author BiographyDr. Socorro G. Herrera currently serves as a professor of elementary education at Kansas State University and is executive director of the Center for Intercultural and Multilingual Advocacy (CIMA). Certified in elementary education, bilingual education, and school counseling, Dr. Herrera's recent publications have appeared in the Journal of Research in Education, Bilingual Research Journal, Journal of Hispanic Higher Education, and Journal of Latinos and Education. Her recent research and teaching in education have emphasized emergent literacy, reading strategies, the differential learning needs of second language learners, and mutual accommodation for language learning students. In addition to her scholarly research, Dr. Herrera has led Study Abroad pre-service teacher exchanges in Paraguay, Mexico, Guatemala, and China. She was chosen to participate in the International Reading Association's Reading Literacy Research Program to Cuba for Fall 2011. Dr. Robin Morales Cabral currently serves as Director of Literacy for Diverse Populations in the Wichita Public Schools. She has a background in communicative disorders and sciences, bilingual special education, literacy and assessment for culturally and linguistically diverse students. Dr. Cabral's years of experience as a bilingual speech-language pathologist, parent-teacher liaison, intervention coordinator, and assessment specialist have led to national speaking engagements and advisory roles with classroom teachers, special educators and school administrators dedicated to implementing best practices for CLD students. Dr. Cabral's recent research and professional activities have emphasized assets-based high school decision making as well as strengthening teacher, school, and district capacities to ensure CLD students' full access to an enriched core curriculum with appropriately individualized supports from early childhood to graduation, and beyond. Dr. Kevin Murry is currently an Associate Professor of Curriculum and Instruction at Kansas State University. His scholarship has emphasized the professional development of general education teachers for English language learning (ELL) students. Dr. Murry's recent research and publication have emphasized teacher readiness for best practice with ELLs, culturally responsive teaching and assessment practices, and the linguistic and cross-cultural dynamics of critically reflective and biography-driven teaching. His recent publications have appeared in the Journal of Hispanic Higher Education, Journal of Teaching and Learning, and Bilingual Research Journal. Dr. Murry has written texts for Pearson/Allyn and Bacon, as well as text chapters for Erlbaum & Associates and ATE/ACEI.
- Author(s)Kevin G. Murry,Robin Morales Cabral,Socorro G. Herrera
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication05/06/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.92
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.