All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by an expert in the field of classroom assessment, Essential Assessment Concepts for Teachers and Administrators, Second Edition is a user-friendly resource that helps teachers, administrators, and other school personnel understand how to apply essential assessment concepts in their schools. This guide is also an ideal reference for policymakers in making assessment-related decisions. Whether the assessment is focused on what occurs in the classroom or on externally mandated standardized tests, teachers will learn how to effectively integrate the assessment process with teaching and learning to enhance student learning and promote overall educational goals. The author provides guidelines for developing high-quality assessments and for using them appropriately and discusses important principles of standardized testing, including standards-based testing. This second edition features two new chapters. Chapter 5aprovides a succinct overview of different assessment techniques and methods, including both constructed-response and closed-end assessments, while Chaptera8 discusses grading practices in the context of standards-based education.
- Author BiographyJames H. McMillan is Professor and Chair of the Department of Foundations of Education at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia, where he teaches educational research and assessment courses and directs the Research and Evaluation Track of the PhD in Education program. He is also Executive Director of the Metropolitan Educational Research Consortium, a partnership of Virginia Commonwealth University and eight Richmond-area school divisions that conducts and disseminates applied research. His current research interests include classroom and large-scale formative assessment. He has recently published the fifth edition of Classroom Assessment: Principles and Practice for Effective Standards-Based Instruction and edited Formative Classroom Assessment: Theory into Practice. He has authored three educational research methods textbooks and published numerous articles in journals, including the American Educational Research Journal, the Journal of Educational Psychology, Contemporary Educational Psychology, and Educational Measurement: Issues and Practice.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication17/06/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight372 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byJames H. McMillan
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.