All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This is a very exciting book and should be read widely by anyone who wants a better understanding of the role of assessment in the diverse, globalised, digital societies of the 21st century.' - Professor Mary James, University of Cambridge, President, British Educational Research Association 'Highly readable and thoroughly researched, this call for a new vision of education deserves to be ready by all those who share the concern to shape today's assessment practices to meet the needs of tomorrow's society.' - Professor Patricia Broadfoot, CBE, University of Bristol Do you need a practical guide to assessment, curriculum and policy? Are you also looking for a book that is firmly grounded in theory and professional practice? This book makes assessment processes transparent for practitioners, and shows how assessment should align with curriculum and teaching for success in education. The book will show you how practitioner use of achievement standards can improve learning, equity, social justice and accountability. Inside this book, you will learn about: * Quality assessment and judgement practice * Relationships across curriculum, assessment, teaching and learning * Front-ending assessment based on the learner's needs * Practitioner judgement approaches and standards * The conditions under which teacher assessment can be valid * Principles derived from research of social moderation practices Assessment for Education is the perfect guide for students, researchers, academics and teaches, and anyone working in curriculum and assessment policy.
- Author BiographyVal Klenowski is adjunct professor of education in the School of Cultural and Professional Learning. She has researched curriculum development and assessment practice internationally at all levels from early childhood through to higher education. She is interested in teachers' classroom assessment practices and the interrelationship with learning, curriculum, and pedagogy. She has worked as academic advisor to government departments of education and continues to engage in policy-related research. She is an executive editor of the Assessment in Education: Principles, Policy and Practice journal and is Research Development Coordinator for the Australian Association for Research in Education.
- Author(s)Claire Maree Wyatt-Smith,Valentina Klenowski
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.83
- AU $21.86Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $19.49
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.