All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAssessment in Emergent Literacy is a practical guide to identifying preschool and early school-aged children's strengths and needs across multiple domains of emergent and early literacy, to include phological awareness, print awareness, narrative, vocabulary, and motivation. Specific approaches to assessing and monitoring growth in high priority areas of literacy are provided. This handbook also provides guidance for evaluating children's learning environments, including supports with the home and classroom.This user-friendly manual: Discusses the importance of supporting children's learning and development through assessment Presents special considerations for assessment, including information regarding assessing children who are English Language Learners, assessing children who have disabilities, and assessing children in unique classroom and home contexts Provides practical recommendations for how early literacy professionals might use the information they gain from assessments to make decisions regarding the amount and types of professional development that teachers require or the kinds of activities and practices toward which early literacy professionals should direct additional attention Written to serve as the ideal resource for early literacy professionals at both pre-professional and post-graduate levels, it is also an essential volume for reading specialists, literacy coaches, special educators, speech-language pathologists, preschool teachers, kindergarten teachers and others involved with planning and conducting assessments in programs serving children who have t yet begun formal reading instruction.
- Author BiographyKhara Pence, Ph.D. Khara L. Pence, Ph.D. is a Research Faculty in the Curry School of Education at the University of Virginia. Contributors Alice Wiggins, M.Ed. Amy Sofka, M.Ed. Angela Beckman, M.S. Anita McGinty, M.A. C. Melanie Schuele, Ph.D. Erin McTigue, Ph.D. Joan Kaderavek, Ph.D. Kathryn Bojczyk, Ph.D. Katrin Blamey, M.A. Kelly Marshall, M.Ed. Laura Justice, Ph.D. Lori Skibbe, Ph.D. Marcia Davidson, Ph.D. Margaret Sutton, M.Ed. Paula Moore, Ed.D. Prema Rao, Ph.D. Rihana Williams, Ph.D. Sarah Friel, B.Sc., M.Sc. Sharon Walpole, Ph.D. Sonia Cabell, M.Ed. Staci Grant, M.Ed. Stephanie Curenton, Ph.D. Tamika Lucas, M.Ed. Tricia Zucker, B.B.A, M.Ed.
- Author(s)Khara Pence
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content Noteb/w illustrations
- Weight889 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.