All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe capabilities and possibilities of emerging game-based learning techlogies bring about a new perspective of learning and instruction. This, in turn, necessitates alternative ways to assess the kinds of learning that is taking place in the virtual worlds or informal settings. accordingly, aligning learning and assessment is the core for creating a favorable and effective learning environment. The edited volume will cover the current state of research, methodology, assessment, and techlogy of game-based learning. There will be contributions from international distinguished researchers which will present invative work in the areas of educational psychology, educational diagstics, educational techlogy, and learning sciences. The edited volume will be divided into four major parts.
- Author BiographyDirk Ifenthaler's research interests focus on the learning-dependent progression of mental models, complex problem solving, decision making, situational awareness, and emotions. He developed automated and computer-based methodologies for the assessment and analysis of graphical and natural language representations (SMD Technology, HIMATT, AKOVIA). Additionally, he developed components of course management software and an educational simulation games (DIVOSA, SEsim). He is also interested in the development of educational software and learning management systems (LMS) as well as technology integration into the classroom. Dr. Ifenthaler has published multiple books and book chapters as well as numerous articles in leading journals of the field. Dr. Ifenthaler is the current Fullbright Scholar in Residence at the Jeannine Rainboldt College of Education, University of Oklahoma. Deniz Eseryel is an Assistant Professor in the Instructional Psychology & Technology Program at the University of Oklahoma. Her research focuses on issues related to learning, problem-solving, and expertise development in complex, ill-structured knowledge domains such as STEM. She is concerned with developing and evaluating new instructional approaches for advanced computer-based learning environments to facilitate development of complex learning and problem-solving outcomes. Xun Ge is an Associate Professor with the Program of Instructional Psychology and Technology, Department of Educational Psychology, at the University of Oklahoma. She holds a Ph.D. in Instructional Systems from the Pennsylvania State University. Dr. Ge's primary research interest involves scaffolding student complex and ill-structured problem solving and self-regulated learning through designing and developing instructional scaffolds, learning technologies, and open learning environments. Dr. Ge has published multiple book chapters and numerous articles in leading journals of the field, and she is recognized for the two awards - 2003 Young Scholar by Educational Technology Research & Development and 2004 Outstanding Journal Article by Association for Educational Communications and Technology.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note30 black & white tables, biography
- Weight747 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDeniz Eseryel,Dirk Ifenthaler,Xun Ge
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.