All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAssessment has widely been ackwledged as a central element of institutional education, shaping curriculum and pedagogy in powerful ways and representing a critical reference point in political, professional and public debates about educational achievement and policy directions. Within physical education there remains significant debate regarding the subject kwledge, skills and understandings that should be assessed, in what ways and at what points in students' education this should occur. Divided into three parts, Assessment in Physical Education makes an important contribution to our understanding of the socio-cultural issues associated with assessment in physical education, in terms of its systemic development as well as at the level of pedagogic relations between physical education teachers and their students. It provides readers with an insightful critique and theoretically informed ideas for rethinking assessment policies and practices in physical education. This book will be of interest to advanced students and researchers in physical education and youth sport studies, as well as those involved in initial teacher education and teacher professional development.
- Author BiographyPeter Hay is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Human Movement Studies, The University of Queensland, Australia. His work has focused on assessment practices and policies in and beyond the field of physical education and the social construction of abilities in institutional education settings. Dawn Penney is Professor of Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy in the Department of Sport and Leisure Studies in the Faculty of Education at the University of Waikato, New Zealand. Dawn is recognised internationally for her work in policy and curriculum development in Health and Physical Education.
- Author(s)Dawn Penney,Peter Hay
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.