All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the 3rd Course that has been organized at the presti- gious E. Majorana Centre. The choice of the theme is t a casual one. In fact after rehabilitation and prevention which were the topics discussed in the previous courses of 1979 and 1982, this Course deals with subjects more deeply connected with the mechanisms of cardiac function and the pathological aspects that under this point of view characterize many specific diseases. The rapid development in the application of techlogy to the problems of Cardiological diagsis has made it possible to study ventricular function in the evaluation of patients with apparent or suspected heart disease. Kwing that we are facing one of the most complex subjects in modern cardiology we wish to arouse the interest of researchers anrl cardiologists by comparing different experiences with the aim of giving an overall survey of the problems. The program has been divided into 4 chapters: 1. Systolic and diastolic ventricular function. 2. Specific studies of ventricular function using invasive and n- invasive techniques. 3. Diseases with altered ventricular function. 4. Pharmacological manipulation of ventricular function. Our aim is t only to stimulate useful discussions in the faculty but also among the participants. I hope that we can achieve this. I should like to take this opportunity of thanking the co- directors of the Course Prof. Jan Kellermann and Prof. Robert v vi PREFACE Leachman who have played an important part in the scientific organization.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- Series TitleSpringer Praxis Books / Life Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight704 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAngelo Raineri,Jan J. Kellermann,Robert D. Leachman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1985
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.