All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionScandals in financial institutions, weakness in the world ecomy, and volatility in financial markets bring to the fore issues of regulation and consumer protection. This comparative survey of how investors are currently protected in a range of European countries and the USA is set in an accessible theoretical framework. It will be invaluable for academics and students involved in the analysis of financial markets and regulation as well as practitioners in financial institutions and regulatory authorities.
- Author BiographyJulian Franks is Corporation of London Professor of Finance at the London Business School. He was formerly the Director of the Institute of Finance & Accounting; Visiting Associate Professor, Universities of North Carolina and California (Berkeley); and Visiting Professor, University of California at Los Angeles. Colin Mayer is Peter Moores Professor of Management Studies at the Said Business School and Director of the Oxford Financial Research Centre. His current research is on the relation between financial systems and economic performance, the financing of high technology firms and large investment projects, and the evolution of ownership and control of firms. He has written widely on corporate finance, taxation and governance, and on the regulation of financial markets. Luis Correia da Silva is Director of Oxford Economic Research Associates Ltd. His main area of specialization is in the financial aspects of regulation and competition policy cases. He is also an expert on cost of capital, corporate governance, and other corporate finance issues.He has undertaken work for various financial services clients, such as the London Stock Exchange, the European Asset Management Association (EAMA), and the Financial Services Authority (FSA). He also advises utilities and regulators in the UK and abroad.
- Author(s)Colin Mayer,Julian Franks,Luis Correia da Silva
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication16/01/2003
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Notenumerous figures and tables
- Weight612 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.