All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionAssignation in Algeria - Brian Douglas returns, heading for North Africa after his lady love disappears with a disliked competitor. He follows her to Oran, into the bleak Saharan desert, and finally to an encampment where she is held, discovering a major missile conspiracy against the Sixth Fleet. A Russian spy and an Arab named Tewfik help him thwart it. Published in 1971 by Walker, and in four languages.
- Author BiographyLee's first professional writing experience was with newspapers. After graduating from Texas Tech, he went to work with the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal as a sports writer, sports photographer and sports cartoonist. He worked there until he was invited to join the Fort Worth paper, working for city-side. Lee worked in Fort Worth for five years, then went to Spain as a freelancer, to try his hand at a first novel. After a year in Europe, he went to work for the Denver Post, where he stayed for five years, until an international PR firm (Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.) hired him to work in Akron, Ohio, where he stayed for two years. He then went to Mexico for another year of freelancing. When he returned to the states, he worked on two new novels and tried his hand at professional painting. He was offered a job as editor-in-chief of the Tehran Journal, an English-language newspaper in Iran, but chose to return to graduate school. While studying for his master's in West Virginia, he served as stringer for the Associated Press and taught a photography class for the WVU School of Journalism. Once he finished his master's degree and started teaching, he was asked to handle magazine-article classes. He knew little about magazines, so he started writing articles for a broad range of magazines, from top consumer markets to lower specialized markets while teaching at the University of Arizona, New York University, Cal State Long Beach, University of Idaho, and University of Memphis. He published numerous articles in some thirty different magazines during this period, and began to find success with his novels. Later, after he quit teaching, he added several hundred magazine articles to his writing credits when he began reviewing computer games for computer magazines. His list of writing credits is extensive, and you will find partial lists in several categories on his web site, www.johnlee-ninthman.com, including art, photography, magazine writing, academic writing, and books.
- Author(s)John Lee
- Date of Publication01/06/1971
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.