All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday, it often seems as though Assisted Reproductive Techlogies (ARTs) have reached a stage of rmalization, at least in some countries and among certain social groups. Apparently some practices - for example in vitro fertilization (IVF) - have become standard worldwide. The contributors to Assisted Reproduction Across Borders argue against rmalization as an uncontested overall trend. This volume reflects on the state of the art of ARTs. From feminist perspectives, the contributors focus on contemporary political debates triggered by ARTs. They examine the varying ways in which ARTs are interpreted and practised in different contexts, depending on religious, moral and political approaches. Assisted Reproduction Across Borders embeds feminist analysis of ARTs across a wide variety of countries and cultural contexts, discussing controversial practices such as surrogacy from the perspective of the global South as well as the global North as well as inequalities in terms of access to IVF. This volume will appeal to scholars and students of anthropology, ethgraphy, philosophy, political science, history, sociology, film studies, media studies, literature, art history, area studies, and interdisciplinary areas such as gender studies, cultural studies, and postcolonial studies.
- Author BiographyMerete Lie is Professor in the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture and leader of the Centre for Gender Research at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway. Nina Lykke is Professor of Gender Studies at Linkoping University, Sweden, co-director of GEXcel International Collegium for Advanced Transdisciplinary Gender Studies, and director of InterGender International Research School, Sweden.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/09/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Feminist Studies and Intersectionality
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 3 black & white halftones
- Weight654 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMerete Lie,Nina Lykke
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.